Developed specifically for the oil and gas industry, this course will give you an understanding of the hazards associated with NORM/TENORM and related personnel protection practices.
This course uses U.S. units of measurement for radiation and radioactivity and meets the minimum training requirements in 29 CFR 1910.1096(i) and 10 CFR 19.12.
You will have access to this course for 7 days, starting the date of purchase.
Bulk purchase is available! See more details in our Store.
You will learn:
- Where to find NORM/TENORM in the workplace
- The types of radiation associated with NORM/TENORM
- The difference between radiation and contamination
- Units of radiation and contamination measurement
- The risk associated with NORM/TENORM as compared to other everyday hazards
- Dose minimization (ALARA) practices
- Ingestion and inhalation minimization practices
- PPE requirements
- Immediate actions during fires, explosions, and medical emergencies
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate NORM Awareness - U.S. Version
All sales are final.
Each course is available only for the period of time specified in the course description. You may take the units and quizzes as many times as you wish during this period. If you earn the course certificate, it will be available to print only during this time period. After the time period has expired, you must repurchase the course.
Each course purchase is associated with one student. Students may not share courses or course certificates.
For technical assistance, contact Warren Freeman with SC&A, Inc. at 601-807-5925 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cart is empty